Being a Doctor is a Dream for Many

By Muhammad Chaudhry, MD, MPH
November 8, 2013

Being a doctor is a dream for many, and a privilege for a few. I realized how fortunate I was in graduating St. George’s University as I was provided a scholarship to pursue another degree in public health that was CEPH accredited. This accreditation gave me the confidence in my program and was the major factor for my return to Grenada after three-and-a-half years.

I never thought I would see diseases differently given my medical background, but the Master of Public Health program changed my perspective on medicine and life too. I chose the Health Policy and Administration track and promised myself that I would use the knowledge and skills gained from my program on a global level. My terms progressed without any difficulty and sadly I was due to depart the program and head to the United Arab Emirates for my practicum.

The luxurious city of Dubai coupled with the harsh Middle Eastern climate welcomed me upon my arrival. I was eager to complete my practicum at a well-established and respected medical group and gain employment in the process. In the end, I was granted my wish and, in hindsight, I realize that SGU is dedicated in providing the world with highly qualified physicians and public health practitioners. I am proud to be an SGU alumnus and look forward to a bright future.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
This entry was posted in Public Health. Bookmark the permalink.